Bowie State University

Bowie State University

Sort & Filter
Home LEGACY - Find Your School A - E Bowie State
Show12243648
Home LEGACY - Find Your School A - E Bowie State

The Baltimore Association for the Moral and Educational Improvement of the Colored People was organized in 1864 by 46 men, comprised of businessmen, lawyers, clergymen, and Quakers, committed to opening schools to educate the state's newly emancipated citizens. One of those men was Joseph M. Cushing, an outspoken champion for the education of the Black population. As chairman of the Educational Committee for Maryland's Constitutional Convention in 1864, Cushing chastised the committee's refusal to fund schools for Black people: "There will come a time when this state will be forced by public opinion to provide means for educating our colored population." The association opened its first Baltimore school, School #1, on January 9, 1865, in the African Baptist Church in Crane's Building on the corner of Calvert and Saratoga streets. The school offered courses in the elements of education. Courses to train teachers were added in 1866.

From those humble beginnings, Bowie State University has become a comprehensive university, offering 23 undergraduate majors, 19 master's degree programs, 14 specialty certificates, and two doctoral programs in a broad range of disciplines. Bowie State University continues to build on its legacy of providing access to a high-quality education.

Bowie State University ranks among the nation's top comprehensive universities, cultivating next-generation leaders by providing opportunities for students to discover their strengths through focused academic experiences and opportunities to tackle real-world problems. We have all the Bowie State University apparel you need to show off your Bulldog pride, from crews to hats and more!

Our Bowie State University apparel features bold, vibrant colors that are 100% authentic. Our licensing agreements allow you to wear apparel that looks like it came straight from campus all while giving a portion of the proceeds back to the school you choose to represent! HBCUs made us who we are; they gave us the tools we need to succeed, and now you have a chance to give a little something back while looking fresh and stylish. Get all of your favorite pieces of Bowie State University apparel while supplies last! If you have any questions, get in contact with our customer service team.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is Bowie State University an all-black school?
A: No, not all Bowie State University students are Black, though the school is a historically Black university. Over 80% of its students are Black, while the remaining 20% are Hispanic, international, white, or Asian.

Q: What is the average GPA for Bowie State University?
A: The average GPA required to get into Bowie State University is 2.53, according to the Prep Scholar website. That means you can have a mix of Bs and Cs on your high school record. According to U.S. News & World Report, the school has about an 81% acceptance rate.

Q: What is Bowie State University known for?
A: Bowie State University is known for being one of the ten oldest HBCUs in the country, founded in 1865 and located in Bowie, Maryland. It has twenty-three undergraduate majors, nineteen master's degree programs, fourteen specialty certificates, and two doctoral programs.

Save
$10.01

Bowie Game Day Tee

$29.99 | $40.00
Bowie State University PrimeTime Crew
Bowie State University PrimeTime Crew
$80.00

LHP Logo Headband

$20.00
Iconic LHP Knit Hat
Iconic LHP Knit Hat
$40.00

HBCU MADE CREW

$80.00
HBCU MADE Socks
HBCU MADE Socks
$15.00
Save
$25.01

HBCU MADE Hoodie by LHP

$59.99 | $85.00
Save
$45.01

HBCU Urkel Zip Hoodie

$39.99 | $85.00
$15.00

LHP Logo Beanie Hat

$25.00
Gift Card
Gift Card
From$25.00
Save
$15.01

LHP Fleece Pants All It Takes Is One

$54.99 | $70.00
Showing Products 1 - 12 of 12