5 Star recruit, Makur Maker, commits to play basketball at Howard University.
ALL IT TAKES IS ONE.…. All it takes is one star athlete to change the narrative of HBCU sports. When it comes to Legacy, History, and Pride of black culture, all it takes is one to continue the legacy of our culture…
- All it took was one person to take a knee on a football field to drive a conversation.
- All it took was one person’s dream “that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character..”
- All it took was one woman to change the game of tennis forever and to be the BEST at it.
- All it took was one to announce at Morehouse’s Graduation that he would alleviate the stress of student debt of ALL grads.
- All it took was one (and the first) Black President of the United States to instill hope and change in the souls of many.
- All it took was one shot that defined the rest of Michael Jordan’s career.
- All it took was one punch to name Muhammad Ali the heavyweight champion of the WORLD.
The list of can go on forever…. Black culture is not a fad. It is not a trend. The choices we make contribute to the Legacy, History, and Pride of the culture. OUR culture.
Makur Maker is not only contributing to all three. He is beginning a revolution of changing the dynamic of college sports forever. He is one…. ALL IT TAKES IS ONE.
I love this message. It’s simple and true.
WOW, this takes me back to the 60s . Al Attles , Earl Monroe On & on & on !’